My husband calls this "dessert salad". We make it every week. I love it because it's so simple to throw together, and the flavours go together so well. If you come over to our place for dinner, this will probably be on the table!
- Salad leaves, chopped roughly. We've used cos in the pic (homegrown!) but this salad is lovely with rocket or other bitter greens too
- 1 pear, chopped finely
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Shelled walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Combine vinegar and oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Place all ingredients in salad bowl
- Add dressing
- Toss and serve immediately.