This is one of my favourite summertime recipes; a delicious, refreshing dish that takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish! You can prep all of the ingredients while the quinoa is cooking. And it's delicious warm or cold.
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups quinoa
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 avocado, diced
- A small handful of mint (4-6 sprigs) plus extra for garnish*
- One small shallot or red onion, finely diced.
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place quinoa in a pot of boiling water. Simmer for 10 minutes or until cooked
- When quinoa is cooked, toss all ingredients together.
- Season to taste, garnish and serve.
* If you don't have fresh mint on hand, green onion works well too