This is my go-to nothing-in-the-house don't-want-to-cook recipe. It is so simple and fast there is absolutely no excuse for takeaway!
The quinoa cooks so quickly, and to speed it along I boil the kettle so I don't have to wait for the quinoa to come to the boil. I knock together the rest of the ingredients while the quinoa's cooking. The number of veges that go into this dish depends on how many I can wash and chop in the time it takes for the quinoa to cook. So lunch or dinner is on the table in 10 minutes!
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- Whatever veges you have in your fridge/pantry, finely chopped. I usually use onion (or green onion), capsicum, mint, zucchini, broccoli, whatever. They key is to chop the veges finely.
- Juice of one lemon.
- Zest of the lemon you use in this recipe (it's delicious! Trust me!)
- A splash of olive oil.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place rinsed quinoa in a pot of boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa and toss together. Season to taste.
This dish is divine when it is freshly prepared, and the leftovers make a delicious - and even faster - cold dish!