I call this "clean out the fridge stew" as I always seem to make this when I'm clearing out the fridge ready to stock with our next lot of fresh veggies. It's not quite a soup and not quite a stew, but it's a firm favourite in my house!
It's simple and healthy, and can be cooked for 20 minutes, or left on the stove on a low heat for much longer if you have other dishes to prepare.
- And whatever veges you have in your fridge that you need to use!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- (OPTIONAL) For a more substantial dish, add 150g navy beans.
- Chop all ingredients, as finely or as roughly as you like.
- Place in a large saucepan and cover with a lid.
- Cook on low heat for 20 minutes, or as long as you like.