When I was a kid, beetroot came out of tins, ready sliced, sweet and tangy, ready to go on your steak sandwich. This recipe takes me back to those days, but there are no tins involved! And, like all of my recipes, it's super simple.
- 3-4 whole beetroots, unpeeled
- Apple cider vinegar
- Place beetroots in a pot of boiling water. Simmer until cooked through.
- Remove from pot and set aside.
- When the beetroots are cool enough to touch, scrape the skin off using a spoon (this is much easier, and less messy, than peeling them when they are raw)
- Slice the peeled Beetroot and place into a bowl.
- Cover with apple cider vinegar.
- Set aside for one our, or cover and place in the fridge overnight.