You would have to be living under a rock or pretty heavily medicated not to feel that things have gotten really REEEEAAAALY weird.... I got no answers for you dahlinks. But several years ago, during some dark days, I felt compelled to compile a list of happy, upbeat, sometimes silly songs. To bring a smile to a face that had forgotten how. And it helped. So now, every six months or so I add to that list so that now it fills fourteen A4 pages.
Given recent events, I thought it appropriate to bust it out and share 10 of my faves in the hope that at least one will make you smile, (and possibly dance and sing).
So, in no particular order, here goes...
1. You and I by Ingrid Michaelson
My neighbours know all the words to this one 'cause I sing it in the shower. In falsetto. At the top of my lungs.
2. Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves
Yes, I know. It feels like it's too soon. This one is for those of you who know how to fake it in order to make it.
3. The Only Way Is Up by Yaz
Yes it's a bit literal. But it's a jolly catchy tune!
4. Can't Touch It by Ricki Lee
5. Everyone's Free to Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann
An old fave. Perfect for the mid-playlist tempo change.
6. Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Isreal "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole
While we're in a reflective mood.
7. Don't Worry Be Happy by Guy Sebastian
Because Guy Sebastian. Shut up. He's ace. I luff him!
8. Don't Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
You were going to go and google it anyway, so here it is. Sing it with me!
9. Scatman by Scatman John
Let you feet do the smiling.
10. Don't Stop Believing (Glee version)
It had to be done. You're welcome.
Well that's my list for today. If you like it drop me a line. There's plenty more where that came from. I have a whole list dedicated to Muppets songs up my sleeve just in case...